Friday, June 4, 2021. Catholic Hospital, Battor
Cervical Cancer Prevention and Training Centre (CCPTC)
Fourteen (14) health workers from 4 of the 16 Regions of Ghana completed Module 1 of our cervical cancer prevention programme which has equipped them with skills to set up cervical cancer screening units and to screen for cervical precancer. In addition they can perform clinical breast examination to screen for breast cancer.
On Thursday, they gave PowerPoint presentations on how they will set up cervical precancer and breast cancer screening units in their respective institutions when they go back.
They received certificates after the training.
The graduates are:
- Ms. Matilda Atambire, Midwife and Acting Public Health Nurse, Damongo, West Gonja Municipality, Savannah Region.
- Ms. Prisca Nayiri, Midwife, Kabampe CHPS, West Gonja District, Savannah Region.
- Ms. Sarah Fian-Naah, Midwife, Mankarigu Health Centre, North Gonja District, Savannah Region.
- Ms. Judith Dongu, Midwife, Lingbinsi Health Centre, North Gonja District, Savannah Region.
- Ms. Prudence Benebere, Midwife, Lawra Municipal Hospital, Lawra, Upper West Region.
- Ms. Cynthia Angsotinge, Midwife, Lawra Municipal Hospital, Lawra, Upper West Region.
- Ms. Nai Christabel, Midwife, Lawra Urban Health Centre, Lawra, Upper West Region.
- Ms. Mildred Kaningen, Midwife, Lyssah CHPS, Lawra, Upper West Region.
- Ms. Pauline Debpuur, Midwife, Tuopare CHPS, Nandom Municipal, Upper West Region.
- Ms. Julia Dong-imwin, Midwife, Gengenkpe Health Centre, Nandom Municipal, Upper West Region.
- Ms. Evelyn Damankah, Midwife, Kadjebi Health Centre, Oti Region.
- Ms. Elizabeth Mensah, Midwife, Poase Cement Health Centre, Kadjebi District, Oti Region
- Ms. Sakina Ametepe, Midwife, Afegame CHPS, Agotime Ziope District, Volta Region.
- Ms. Abibatu Pio, Midwife, Kpetoe Health Centre, Agortime Ziope District, Volta Region.
The next group of 13 trainees from the Upper East Region of Ghana will arrive in Battor on Sunday, June 6, 2021. Training is over 2 weeks.